- The day the Internet was shut down in #Egypt and what that meant for the revolution #Jan25 http://is.gd/yRkYb0 #
- hai mai visto un tramonto così? http://flic.kr/p/9ieuSP http://flic.kr/p/9ihztw http://flic.kr/p/9ieuJH http://flic.kr/p/9ihzno #magISStra #
- I'm going to a Meetup with Open API Economy Meetup http://meetu.ps/ztkG #
- just tasted Chocolate Carrot Cake made by @yoko … yummy http://bit.ly/i5AGoK #
- Day started with MUNI delays, ended with MUNI delays. Worst than Milan ATM, no escuse #fail #
- Is it snowing in SF yet? http://t.co/m3cDMck #
- RT @AstroRobonaut: Four minutes! #
- Certified by a scholar: GUI make us stupid, a steep hearning curve to use software has value http://is.gd/NHJb8z #unix #
The (supposed) incompatibility of GPL, especially GPLv3 and mobile app stores is still here and growing bigger:
The rules for Microsoft’s Windows Phone Marketplace appear to mean that even Microsoft’s own MS-RL open source license is banned. And perhaps Nokia should worry too.
Eben Moglen is helping Free Software to keep the promise of a free society. In his keynote speech at FOSDEM Moglen has laid out the foundation for the future of the Free Software movement: make sure that digital communication between people remains free.
Our freedom depends on reengineering the network to replace vulnerable, centralized services with alternatives which resist government control.
He identified the enemy (the data-mining industry, lead by corporation and governments around the world), gave the enemy a name and an easy target (Facebook) and he gave an action plan (the Freedom Box).
Freedom Box is the name we give to a free software system built to keep your communications free and private whether chatting with friends or protesting in the street.
I noted that he didn’t mention Twitter in his speech, and I think I know why. First of all Twitter has a good track of records when it comes to step up against government requests. What I believe is Moglen’s most clear reason to mention only Facebook is that he wants to give one target to the crowd, and a fat, easy one, too. Facebook must be the evil, much like Microsoft was the only big, fat target for all FSF’s propaganda (not Autodesk or or Adobe or Oracle or IBM).
It’s important to donate now on Kickstarter: Push the FreedomBox Foundation from 0 to 60 in 30 days. I hope that FSF and FSFE now donate to this project, too: I’d be really surprised if they don’t.
PS If you want to read more here are some articles: NY Times, WSJ, BoingBoing, Slashdot, reddit, ZDNet, The New York Observer, New Europe, techPresident, LWN.
- Primo atterraggio simulato su Marte – Corriere della Sera http://t.co/c6DPTdN #
- #MSFT paying billions to #NOK proves that if you have lots of money you never die. Reminds me of Berlusconi http://t.co/nb9JyYs #
- La mossa del giaguaro! Peccato non riesca a trovare l’originale cummenda che spiega i dettagli http://youtu.be/3bnnkH5FUBM #
- The more I read about voices from young Egyptians the more I think of my country. #Jan25 as #senonoraquando Hope #
- Bad news: Brazil New Culture Minister Dumps Creative Commons From Ministry’s Website and talks about copyright reform http://bit.ly/hxi5KE #
- Ogni giorno bisogna ricordare questo: http://youtu.be/GZIAs5NWzFk 92 minuti di applausi! #fantozzi #
- IE is my favorite scapegoat: if friends report a website not working, 102% of the times it’s Internet Explorer’s fault #
- It had to happen and I’m glad it does: #WebOS on regular PC (dell, not HP) http://bit.ly/9ioYMb #
- Another reason why you need to be very disciplined and careful with all your activities online #transparentman http://bit.ly/eUZ0kF #
- Non ho visto l’intervista De Niro a #sanremo ma non poteva essere meglio di questa http://t.co/ceBsbIK #
- How Star Trek is this? RT @astro_paolo: Busy day today http://flic.kr/p/9jeu81 http://flic.kr/p/9jbnCF #
- Ottimo! Sottotitoli? RT @dghirardello: I video di TED arriveranno in TV grazie a un progetto su @raicinque. #socialtv #smw11 #opentv #smwrme #
- Facebook launched live commenting to allow real time conversations http://on.fb.me/egFma3 #
- HP got it right and put only one front facing camera in the new TouchPad. No need for two I say http://engt.co/h506wu #
- Egyptian blogger Amr Magdi says the era of fear is over http://bit.ly/gUrl0H #jan25 #egypt #
- I asked a HP pm why they put only a front facing camera on #webos TouchPad. Answer: there is no good use case for a rear-facing one. #
- How social media is changing the Arab world -interview with Jeffrey Ghannam #jan25 #egypt http://bit.ly/eBYLH7 #
- Nokia like SGI: a pact with Microsoft and then the death. Investors had the same feeling http://bit.ly/h9seZk #
- Pandora getting ready for its IPO http://bit.ly/fT36L4 #
- Love the comments from 'butt ugly' to 'Microkia sounds like somewhere Liliputians live' http://engt.co/hYO7Og #
- RT @astro_paolo: Il monte di #Portofino si riconoscono #Rapallo e Santa Margherita #magISStra #Italia http://flic.kr/p/9e1GCZ #
- RT @jeanpaul: Call +16504194196 or +390662207294 or +97316199855 to leave a tweet and hear tweets. #egypt #
- tutti gli amici italiani hanno già visto Arcore's Nights? carabinier, magistrate,lele mora tutti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEk_aPqTK9M #
- Vergogna al giornalista e al deputato: Giornalisti CHE COSA SERVITE A FARE SE NON A DENUNCIARE NOMI E COGNOMI!? http://bit.ly/hEVPH5 #
- the saddest thing of living in San Francisco is to realize that a flight home is too long to go to a funeral #
- Good thing I developed the habit to log out of services when I don't use them (evil facebook in primis) http://bit.ly/fr8RYR #
- Using Win Phone 7 for Nokia is like betting on a dead horse. IMHO should go Android, slap OVI suite (incl. Store) on it and ride a winner #
- Italy is getting ready to put access to Internet under strict control again 30 days after freeing wifi access (in IT) http://bit.ly/gIq3NW #
- Egypt and Tunisia have scared the Italian gov: they're confusing the rules on public wifi access again http://bit.ly/hx3KJx #
- Not only Egypt: #thai web editor faces 80 years in jail for reader posts, trial starts Feb. 4 http://bit.ly/gbeU8r #freejiew #
- I nominate @astro_paolo for a Shorty Award in #science because his daily reports from space are amazing! The earth is beautiful #
- I nominate @astro_paolo for a Shorty Award in #science because http://bit.ly/shorty #
- #freejiew faces the possibility of an 82-year sentence for posting comments critical of Thailand’s monarchy http://bit.ly/gbeU8r #
- Microsoft advocates for higher fees to file patents: only the richest should be inventors? Typical http://bit.ly/gzUZQU via @amac #swpat #
- Interesting factoid: The scholar suffered from constipation and spent many hours in contemplation on the toilet seat. http://bbc.in/fIFCgq #
- Pranks on Facebook using crowdsourced translations: funny as long as you fix them fast http://on.msnbc.com/dEJCkS #
Finally Funambol team added support for Eclipse development platform. My notes can still be useful to some, though 🙂
Checkout the project, run ant eclipse-project in the android-client folder and import the project in Eclipse… Detailed instruction inside READE.txt file…
The announcement core: Discussion topic.