A very good piece of advice from Coca-Cola’s Chief Marketing and Commercial Officer, shifting from measuring consumer’s expressions instead of impressions.
- Accept that consumers can generate more messages than you ever could
- Develop content that is “Liquid and Linked”
- Accept that you don’t own your brands; your consumers do
- Build a process that shares successes and failures quickly throughout your company
- Be a facilitator who manages communities, not a director who tries to control them
- Speak up to set the record straight, but give your fans a chance to do so first
With the ambitious objective to double its business by 2020, Coca-Cola’s leaders know that they can only reach it leveraging its powerful community.
I wouldn’t work as community manager for Coca-Cola but if you have ambitious business and marketing objectives this is the way to go.